Author Topic: Re: Upgrading BIOS  (Read 1534 times)

Offline GarrisonTopic starter

Re: Upgrading BIOS
« on: May 25, 2015, 04:31:52 PM »
I have a S96SP and upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit and realized that I will be needing a BIOS upgrade also for a smooth transition but I didn't see the BIOS Upgrade file anywhere. Where can I obtain the BIOS upgrade needed? Thanks...

Offline tkruger

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:57:23 AM »
Those laptops actually have an ASUS motherboard in them, and on their support site it's listed under Z96Sp.  It doesn't look like there is a BIOS update newer than 5/28/2007, here's a link:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=Z96Sp&hashedid=n%2fa

Thanks,
Tony

Offline GarrisonTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 06:33:50 PM »
Well, what I was wanting to do was replace the Intel T5670 (that came with the laptop) with an Intel T9500 & put two 2gb sticks of DDR2 (6400/800mhz) of Ram to take advantage of the board set-up and max-out the speed of the Chips (Intel pm/gm 965) and put a Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid SST/HDD so I can get the maximum performance out of the Laptop's set-up and run a Windows 7 64bit system at its best capabilities, but to do so will require a change in the BIOS which is an American Megatrend Inc. (AMI) BIOS. I believe AMI has an upgrade but I was looking at ByteSpeed's & ASUS' downloads and couldn't find one. Do you believe the AMI's upgrade will get me what I want? I don't want to damage the laptop if I am wrong. Any advice will be appreciated, thanks....