Comprehensive Care

Author Topic: H81l - USB Mouse and Keyboard stop working...  (Read 1838 times)

Offline gefflongTopic starter

H81l - USB Mouse and Keyboard stop working...
« on: August 07, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »
We have installed Windows 7 Professional x64 on our H81l computers.  At times, the usb mouse and keyboard both fail to work when windows boots up.

There are lights on both before windows starts booting, then it goes off and doesn't come back on. Neither works.

We've tried different settings in the BIOS, but nothing seems to matter, so the setting are back to default there.

A restart or a shut down and start back up don't really seem to fix the issue. Sometimes we can do that 3 or 4 times and then the keyboard/mouse works again... sometimes it takes a lot more time.  Haven't seen much of a pattern yet.

We did go into the Device Manager on windows 7 and set all the USB Root Hub entries as unchecked for "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" but that doesn't fix the issue either.

Any ideas what is happening?

Offline tkruger

• Administrator
Re: H81l - USB Mouse and Keyboard stop working...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 03:31:18 PM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with this, we'll need to dig into this a bit more and get some more information, can I have you call into our Helpdesk at 877-553-0777 (ask for Tech Support)?

Thank you,
Tony Kruger
Technical Support
ByteSpeed LLC

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 04:42:02 PM »
I can do that.  We've been too swamped with the beginning of school to get back to this.  It does not seem to be an issue on the USB 3.0 ports.  Only the USB 2.0 ports.

When I look in the device manager I do see an issue with Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller.

We have used the drivers available on your website.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:44:57 PM by gefflong »

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 05:21:14 PM »
Originally we ran the intel chipset setup from the main AsusSetup.exe file as well as the one in the main hotfix.  This time I drilled down into the actual hotfix folder and ran the setup file there. Now the USB 2.0 ports seem to be working.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 02:48:28 PM »
And now it's not.  Not sure what happens.  Randomly, the USB 2.0 ports just flat out don't work.  USB 3.0 ports seem to always work.