Author Topic: Asset Tag/Serial Number  (Read 5883 times)

Offline jbellTopic starter

Asset Tag/Serial Number
« on: August 27, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »
I'm currently working on configuring some H61-I Mini-ITX's, and I'm wondering if there is a way to add the Serial number and Asset tag into BIOS to make it easier for our inventory software to track. There is a spot for these but they are currently blank, and I don't see a way to enter the info.

With other desktops I've worked with in the past there has been a BIOS flash tool, but I didn't see anything on the Asus website.

Thanks in advance

tlesmeister

Re: Asset Tag/Serial Number
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 08:46:21 AM »
Yes, there is a DOS utility that you can download from our FTP site at the following link:
ftp://support.bytespeed.com/asusdmi/
User: bytespeed
Password: guest

Simply extract the .zip and put the file on the root directory of a DOS flash drive, boot to the flash drive, then type asusdmi and press enter. If you don't already have a DOS flash drive, you can create one using the utility at the following link:
ftp://support.bytespeed.com/dosboot.zip

Insert your flash drive and format it using quick format FAT32 and then run SP27608.exe. Then, using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, select the flash drive under Device, set File System to FAT32, enter a desired name for Volume Label, check Quick Format and Create a DOS Startup Disk, select “using DOS system files located at:” and point that directory to the “dos” folder you extracted from dosboot.zip, then click start. Once the HP USB format is complete, copy the asusdmi.exe file to the flash drive.

After you've run asusdmi in DOS, you will see a list of commands for altering the BIOS.

If you have any additional questions or require immediate assistance, feel free to give us a call at (877)553-0777 or shoot us an email at helpdesk@bytespeed.com.

Offline jbellTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 01:26:03 PM »
Thank you very much, that was exactly what I was looking for :-D

tlesmeister

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »
Good to hear, you're very welcome.

tech-project-offer