Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Portables (Laptops, Netbooks, etc.) / Re: SP15 Laptop not charging battery
« Last post by jbnewby67 on June 12, 2014, 05:45:15 PM »
When I try the link it demands my name and password, but when I enter them it then say "530 user jbnewby cannot log in." Thanks for your help. If you want to email me the file, it's jbnewby67@yahoo.com. Also, if I need a battery, can you tell me where to find one to buy? Thanks again so much. Bruce
« Last post by KFritz on June 11, 2014, 04:45:15 PM »
The download link in the main response does not have the files needed, and the download link which probably does have the bios and EC will not accept my username and password. I do not perceive why a user name and password to get from a place where I have already used them should be necessary, do you? Anyway, I have the battery problem and I need the downloads. Thanks for any help.

Hi jbnewby67, please follow the information that tlesmeister has posted and let me know if that fixes the issue for you. I did check the links and they seem to be working for me. If they do not let me know and I will find another way to get you the files.
« Last post by jbnewby67 on June 11, 2014, 12:39:38 PM »
The download link in the main response does not have the files needed, and the download link which probably does have the bios and EC will not accept my username and password. I do not perceive why a user name and password to get from a place where I have already used them should be necessary, do you? Anyway, I have the battery problem and I need the downloads. Thanks for any help.
« Last post by zhauan on April 29, 2014, 08:55:39 AM »
Thank you for joining up on the forums dengg!

I apologize for the mistake, especially one as important as this.  I've fixed my above post.  The SP15 you have should be the correct machine for this flash.  Please follow the directions above from tlesmeister.

If you have any questions or concerns about this flash, please contact us by email helpdesk@bytespeed.com or phone 1-877-553-0777.
« Last post by dengg on April 23, 2014, 10:27:39 PM »
Hi Zach,
I have a Pegatron SP15 laptop that does not charge the battery.  I  would like to flash the BIOS but i am not sure which SP15 i have (you've mentioned UMA, RMA, and DESC)

On the bottom of mine it only reads SP15
Is there a way to tell which SP15 it is?
What are the differences between those 3?
thank you
Portables (Laptops, Netbooks, etc.) / How to open the MB45
« Last post by zhauan on April 17, 2014, 08:17:37 AM »
Most importantly, if you have any questions or concerns, please reply here, send an email to helpdesk@bytespeed.com or call us at 877-553-0777.

What you'll need:

Non-scratch pad
#2 Philips screw driver
Pry tool (preferably plastic to avoid damaging panels)

First, we will need to take out these screws.  Please set these screws up to where you'll remember where they go.  There are multiple sizes.

Once these screws have been removed, please take the access panels off of the machine.  Please remove the screws holding the heat-sink and the heat-sink fan.

There are a few more screws to remove.  Here are their locations.

After that has been finished, please remove the hard drive and the optical drive out of the machine.  There are a few more screws to remove.

Once that has been completed, flip the machine over and open the LCD screen.  We will be removing the keyboard from the C-Panel.  There are a few tabs that need to be used.  Use your pry tool in order to get in between the keyboard and the C-Panel.

After the keyboard is loose, flip the keyboard and we will remove the keyboard.  Please push the tab on the top and bottom of the ribbon until it is free.

After that has been completed, there is one more ribbon to remove.  Please do not forcibly remove this ribbon as the locking mechanism is delicate.  Lift up on the mechanism and remove the ribbon cable.

There are two more screws to remove.  Here are the locations.

The C-Panel is now able to remove.  Please use the pry tool on the difficult areas.  You can also use this tool to slide under to get the part by the optical drive portion loose as it is pretty fragile.

Afterwards, you should be able to change the Audio Daughter card by removing the ribbon.  There are no screws holding the Audio Daughter card in.

To put this machine back together, please follow the directions in reverse.  As a precaution, here are my High-Res copies of my images. http://imgur.com/a/x99eB

Again, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us right away by calling us at 1-877-553-0777 or by emailing us at helpdesk@bytespeed.com

Regards,
Zach
« Last post by zhauan on April 14, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »
Welcome the forums Chemoti!

I guess I am a little confused about your situation.  You mentioned a "Olibook SP1500" of which ByteSpeed does not sell.  If you attempted to flash a BIOS for a SP15-UMA in this machine please do not continue.  This could brick your board and make it completely non-functional.

However, if you do have a SP15, you should see on the bottom of your laptop, a black sticker that says the model number.  For the SP15's, there are 3 similar models: the SP15, SP15R-UMA, and SP15R-DESC.  Each of these boards have different BIOS flashes.

Please let me know what you find,
Zach
« Last post by chemoti on April 09, 2014, 06:02:06 PM »

hi, first of all thanks for your guide, it's really the only one that could resurrect a laptop suffers from this problem.

I have a 15 sp UMA rev 2.1, the handset is a Olibook SP1500 but when I go to run the program in dos tells me "romid rom file is not compatible with existing bios romid" I might say, what's the problem?
Portables (Laptops, Netbooks, etc.) / Re: Z96F Keyboard
« Last post by charris on April 09, 2014, 02:20:23 PM »
thanks so much!
Portables (Laptops, Netbooks, etc.) / Re: Z96F Keyboard
« Last post by tkruger on April 09, 2014, 01:39:14 PM »
Hi,

There are 3 small screws underneath the battery, remove those.  That holds down the plastic trim piece that is above the keyboard, remove that and the keyboard should be loose.  Then all you need to do is disconnect the ribbon cable from the motherboard.

Thanks!
Tony
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]