Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Portables (Laptops, Netbooks, etc.) / Re: SP15 Laptop not charging battery
« Last post by mycsisters on March 16, 2016, 06:49:06 PM »
bump
I have a SP15R-uma that has the battery lite that blinks slowly and that is all. If I remove the battery and try to use it with just the adapter, it does not come on at all. Is this normal on this model. I was assuming a battery problem, but most notebooks will run without the battery installed.

Any thoughts?
Off-Topic Computer Discussion / Re: Cannot open e-mail folders
« Last post by jhoffart on February 29, 2016, 09:57:13 AM »
There are a couple of methods we can try to get that fixed:

Method 1:

Start->Start Search > then type the following -> "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" without the quotes.
(Look for the space between outlook.exe and /)

Method 2:

Check if Outlook is in a compatibility mode:
1. Open My Computer>Local Disk C>Program Files>Microsoft Office>Office 14>Outlook.exe.
(If you are using a 64 bit machine, go to C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Office>Office 14>Outlook.exe)

2. Right click on Outlook.exe and click on Properties and then click on Compatibility tab. Check if you have any check mark in any of the compatibility mode options. Make sure you also click on the option "change settings for all users" tab at the bottom of the same screen and look for similar check boxes in the window.

3. If you see any check boxes in the compatibility mode options, uncheck all the boxes and click onApply and OK.

4. Try to open outlook again

Method 3:

Try repairing Office. Check the link below.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/repair-or-remove-office-HA010357402.aspx

Let me know what you find out.
Off-Topic Computer Discussion / Cannot open e-mail folders
« Last post by jeremyJJJ on February 28, 2016, 06:37:04 AM »
Hello! Help me to stop Outlook 2010 error message:
“Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened.”
Thanks an advance.
« Last post by mycsisters on January 20, 2016, 11:07:56 AM »
any one???
« Last post by mycsisters on January 14, 2016, 11:04:32 AM »
Still not charging, anyone had the same issue regarding the directions that was posted on the first page?
« Last post by mycsisters on January 13, 2016, 10:41:40 AM »
bump.
« Last post by mycsisters on January 12, 2016, 12:12:58 PM »
Hello;

I've recently updated my SP15r to windows 10 pro and after that the battery wouldn't charge.  After googling the problem it led me to Bytespeed's forum and I see some users are having the same issue.  I've ran the bat files (1 and 2) after making the hp dos boot disk and started windows 10 normally and nothing has changed.  Did I miss a step? 
Help!
Portables (Laptops, Netbooks, etc.) / NL6 Chromebook motherboard removal
« Last post by dmathison on December 22, 2015, 04:30:31 PM »
Before we begin, if you have any questions or concerns, please reply here, send an email to helpdesk@bytespeed.com or call us at 877-553-0777

To begin, first remove the 10 rubber screw covers on the D panel, their locations are circled in the below image.

Remove the screws, then use a pry tool to remove the C panel assembly from the D panel.
Be careful as the keyboard and touchpad ribbons are connected to the motherboard.

With the C panel removed, your Chromebook should now look like this:

Now that you have access to your motherboard, start removing the connections that are outlined in the below images.
You will be disconnecting the wireless card, LCD cable, battery, speakers, daughter card, and DC jack.

You will have to remove the LCD assembly from the D panel in order to remove the motherboard, as the hinge covers the
motherboard partially.
The below images show the screws that need to be removed.

Once all these are removed, unscrew the 6 screws holding the motherboard to the D panel.
Those screws are outlined in the below image.

Now the only thing holding the motherboard to the D panel is the CPU heat sink.
Remove the 2 heat sink screws, which are outlined in the below image.

You should now be able to remove the motherboard from the D panel.

Portables (Laptops, Netbooks, etc.) / NL6 Chromebook LCD removal/replacement
« Last post by dmathison on December 22, 2015, 03:42:22 PM »
Before we begin, if you have any questions or concerns, please reply here, send an email to helpdesk@bytespeed.com or call us at 877-553-0777

First remove the 6 rubber screw covers, then the screws that are on the B panel (LCD Trim).

After the screws are removed, use your fingers to pull up on the inside of the B panel.
The panel should just unclip itself as you pull up, but be careful on the bottom part as there is adhesive holding the panel to the LCD.
Now after the B panel is removed, there are 4 screws holding the LCD to the hinges. They are circled in the below image.

Once the screws holding up the LCD are removed, you should be able to take the LCD out of the assembly.
Now disconnect the LCD cable from the LCD. You can see where it connects to the LCD in the below image.

Reverse these steps once you have a new LCD panel to get everything connected again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
tech-project-offer